Buying jewelry is one thing and maintaining it is another. No matter what the guarantee, if any piece of jewelry is frequently used it can wear and tear and may need to be repaired overtime. Even the best jewelry needs to be repaired and renewed. So,when you need to repair your jewelry you need to make sure you are following the right people and here are some things you need to keep in mind when you are looking for the best jewelry repairs in Melbourne.
- Trust and expertise: When looking for the repair of a ring or bracelet you must have confidence in the skill of the jeweler.It’s always best to approach a jeweler whom you have known well for his expertise in his field. One way to know if your jeweler is trustworthy is to make sure that the jewelry store is a member of the jewelers of the country i.e. Melbourne. This would help you know that your jewelry is in skilled hands and repair will be handled professionally and ethically.
- Certified experts: One more noteworthy thing is that your jewelry needs to be handled by certified experts. The staff of the jewelry store must be certified which includes certifications and education from respected institutions and associations e.g. the jewelers of America etc.
- Check the design: Make sure you check the design of the ring and your jeweler should tell you whether there will be a break in the design. This needs to be known to you for your confirmation.
- Look at the diamonds well: One check would be to take time for extra recording the condition of the jewelry piece and take a good look at the placement of stones before handing it in for repair to cross check after it comes back from repairment.
- A final check before you go: It’s always a good idea to have a sense of the value of the piece for the insurance purposes of the jewelers. The jeweler would then evaluate the piece of jewelry and give u a quote for the cost and time needed for the work repair. It is to be ensured that no work is to be done without your permission.
- A check of the repair: a good piece of jewelry that has been repaired would have the same color, luster and appearance as the rest of the piece. Make sure no hammering marks are present, there are no visible seams from cutting and soldering and that stones are fixed tightly in their settings.
Where to find repair shops in Melbourne?
Melbourne would have several repair shops where one can head to in case of jewelry repairment. Here, listed below are some of the best and trusted places for people in Melbourne. Before sending your jewelry for repair make sure to take note of the care tips that are listed above to ensure that your jewelry is in the right and trusted hands.
- Arnold Jewelers
- Hardy brothers
- Gray Reid gallery
- ME jewelers
- Joseph George Jewellery
- Majestic Diamond Master Jewellers
- Tiffany & Co.
- Butique Diamond Jewellers
www.josephgeorge.com.au offers a good and professional level repairment of jewelries. It offers restoration services for all its custom-made creations and provide standard repairs for any other jewelry items apart from their own. The company ensures an excellent level of customer support which they consider their main goal. Some of the basic services offered by the site include:
- clasp replacement
- Ring resizing
- Stone replacement
- Stone rebuilding
- Claw repair or re-tipping
- Soldering services
- Bead/pearl restringing
This site ensures exceptional level of care of the jewelry handed over to them to make them seem as close as to the purchase condition as possible. Working with almost 40 years of experience, Joseph George does its best to make the jewelry reach closest to its original state. They do their best that your gold, platinum, sapphire collections look spectacular, so you remain tension free and them handle the rest. It offers expert ring-sizing in Melbourne with its most professional hired team who work to their best.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.